CBS Cancels The Late Show With STEPHEN COLBERT

CBS announced Thursday that The Late Show with Stephen Colbert will end in 2026. ‘THE LATE SHOW with STEPHEN COLBERT’ will end its historic run in May 2026 at the end of the broadcast season,” CBS said in a statement. “We consider Stephen Colbert irreplaceable and will retire ‘THE LATE SHOW’ franchise at that time. We are proud that Stephen called CBS home. He and the broadcast will be remembered in the pantheon of greats that graced late night television.”

“I found out just last night, next year will be our last season,” host Stephen Colbert told his studio audience in a video shared on Instagram. “The network will be ending ‘The Late Show’ in May.”

He continued, “It’s not just the end of our show, but it’s the end of ‘The Late Show’ on CBS. I’m not being replaced. This is all just going away.”

In a clip posted by The Late Show, audience members could be heard booing in response to the news.

“I do want to say that the folks at CBS have been great partners,” Colbert added. “I’m so grateful to the Tiffany network for giving me this chair and this beautiful theater to call home. And of course, I’m grateful to you, the audience, who have joined us every night in here, out there, all around the world.”

The Late Show is a long-running late-night talk show on CBS that Stephen Colbert began hosting in 2015, succeeding David Letterman. Known for its blend of political satire, celebrity interviews, and comedy sketches, Colbert’s version brought a sharper political edge to the show, particularly during election cycles and major national events. Under his leadership, The Late Show became the most-watched late-night program in the U.S. for several years, earning critical acclaim and multiple Emmy nominations.

Colbert had been vocal in criticizing Paramount for settling former President Donald Trump’s lawsuit over CBS’ handling of a 60 Minutes interview with then-Vice President Kamala Harris ahead of the election. The settlement was finalized earlier this month.

According to Fox News, some staff within Paramount were concerned that not resolving the lawsuit could jeopardize the company’s planned merger with Skydance, which requires FCC approval.

Related Posts

Community in Mourning After Tragic Loss of 37-Year-Old Woman in Road Accident

Communities are often reminded how fragile life can be when unexpected tragedies occur. Recently, one such heartbreaking incident has left a deep mark, as a 37-year-old woman…

99 year old man k!lls his own wife after discovering that she was M… see more

The tragic story of a 99-year-old man who killed his own wife after discovering a shocking secret raises profound questions about human psychology, aging, betrayal, and the…

Two students found dead during routine school trip –footage reveals what happened seconds before crash

What should have been an exciting day for a group of middle school students quickly turned into a devastating tragedy on a quiet stretch of Highway 70…

Vance Says Ilhan Omar ‘Definitely’ Committed Immigration Fraud

Vice President JD Vance stated unequivocally in an interview with conservative podcaster Benny Johnson that aired Friday that Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) committed fraud to enter the…

Donald Trump Suggests He’ll Run For Office In Another Country After US Presidency

Donald Trump said he may one day seek office in Venezuela, making the remark in a joking exchange during a cabinet meeting that nonetheless underscored how dramatically…

Donald Trump names one country that could be targeted next

Tensions continue to rise, and fresh concerns have been sparked about potential military action after Donald Trump hinted that Cuba could “be next.” Since stepping into his…